Chicago’s Aqua Tower, Studio Gang Architects
From the pages of Reveal: Studio Gang Architects
Chicago is famous for its role in fostering modern architecture. Now Jeanne Gang, founder of Studio Gang Architects, is giving the epithet “Chicago School” a new meaning. Her recently completed 82-story Aqua residential tower is already an icon of the Chicago skyline and has been universally hailed as a masterwork for the young firm. Reveal presents an in-depth look at the firm’s unique work and working process through drawings, diagrams, sketches, and photographs that illuminate the evolution of each of the book’s eight featured projects, both public and private, and ranging in size from exhibition to high-rise.
Jeanne Gang leads Studio Gang Architects, a practice generating innovative and award-winning works of architecture. Gang earned her B.S. in architecture at the University of Illinois and her M.Arch with Distinction from the Graduate School of Design at Harvard University. A Rotary Fellow in 1989, she has also studied at the ETH Swiss Federal University of Technical Studies in Zurch. Prior to forming her own firm, she worked for OMA/Rem Koolhaas in Rotterdam.
Gang’s projects have been published and exhibited widely, including at the National Building Museum and the International Venice Biennale. In 2006 Gang received an Academy Award from the American Academy of Arts and Letters.
She is a long-time adjunct faculty member at the Illinois Institute of Technology where her work has focused on megacities and material technologies. She has also been a visiting professor at GSD, Yale University, and Princeton University.
- cupcakeandstilettos reblogged this from princetonarchitecturalpress
- radissonblu likes this
- kamidarki likes this
- laborde likes this
- take-sunset likes this
- madness-incarnate reblogged this from combustforlust
- madness-incarnate likes this
- theatanya likes this
- ohyesoohyees likes this
- agentedennis likes this
- popularconscience likes this
- infinite-green28 reblogged this from jimmythemustascheman
- enleme reblogged this from bmdesign
- skatg likes this
- lomonette likes this
- jimmythemustascheman reblogged this from dowe
- jimmythemustascheman likes this
- denkmal likes this
- reistorm likes this
- bmdesign reblogged this from princetonarchitecturalpress
- dowe reblogged this from princetonarchitecturalpress
- princetonarchitecturalpress posted this